Elinchrom Quadra AS vs Elinchrom D-Lite 4 Color Temperature Comparation
- For this test I used a Canon G1X on a tripod and same flash position with the same silver reflector.
- Both photos were taken at F13 apperture and 1/320s sync.
- The color temperature was also calibrated in Adobe Camera Raw on the gray card.
- Both flashes where set at P4.0 power and both are rated at 400Ws on full power.
- The Elinchrom D-Lite 4 flash bulb is the same as the one on Quadra S heads (I wonder if the color temperature is the same on the Quadra S).
It seems that the Elinchrom Quadra AS flash have a cooler image, 5100K vs. 5550K Elinchrom D-Lite 4. And there is a better dynamic range in the image taken with the Quadra (as can be seen in the image histogram).
Below you can see the test images.
- DONT FORGET – White Balance CANNOT cure everything if the wavelength is missing in the first place, that “information” cannot be re-created. A prime example being near-monochromatic sodium street lighting – if you try to get rid of the orange cast via white balance, you will end up with a near B&W image. (a quote from Darkcat Studios UK).